Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Highlights of 2007

January
Rang in the new year with a date on New Year’s Day…should have been a good sign for ‘07, right? Not when you have to pick your date up and end up paying because they forgot their wallet…
February

The sweet mansion I was living in reached a high of 60 degrees on a good day. Good thing there was a hot tub on the roof to warm up in…
March

Showed more school spirit than I did in high school and college combined when I attended the Cheer Nationals in Anaheim as a chaperone (my roommate is a cheer coach at Highland). I felt like I was an extra on the movie ‘Bring It On.’
April

Must have been an exciting month…
May

My friends and I made the third annual trip to Moab over Memorial Day weekend. Fortunately there were no near-death experiences this time…
June

I got a new job as an event planner which took me to New York City and Hartford, Connecticut…two places I had never been. I have to say that I do heart NY, just like the t-shirt says.
July

First I moved to an apartment with central air (the mansion I mentioned in February can also reach a high of 90 degrees in the summer – go figure). The job took me to the exciting destination of Des Moines, Iowa…home of ‘Field of Dreams’, corn, beef, and corn-fed beef.
August

This month, the job took me to Indianapolis, Indiana, where I attended my first and last Nascar Race. Apparently clothing and haircuts are optional at these events…but beer bongs are more than welcome…
September

This month was Houston…nothing too exciting happened. I was bit by a spider while I was there. By the looks of it I thought the spider had laid eggs in my eyelid and I should expect its offspring to hatch at any moment…luckily that didn’t happen.
October

I decided to earn some extra cash by working as a cashier at the Haunted Village. I never actually went through it because I was too scared so when people asked me how it was, I lied to them and told them it was great.
November

This was a month to be thankful so I wrote down everything I was thankful for, framed it, and hung it in my bedroom…no I didn’t.. But I did buy a new car! The cavalier was on her last leg and I don’t do well with car repairs.
December

This month is still full of possibilities. I’ve hung some mistletoe in hopes of something more exciting to report…

No comments: